The Cinnamon sewing pattern features a comfy pair of cropped semi-fitted trousers that rest on the hips, with a mid raise, straight legs, back elastic waist, side invisible zip and… no front fly! The pattern comes with two different options. One with back patch pockets and a more minimalist outline and version B with optional ruffles or pleats at the hem and at the front inset pockets.
And there’s more. After hearing from our pattern testers we have decided to give you two different fitting alternatives. You can go for a looser shape, not so tight on the hips or for a closer fit, if you like more that style.
– If you are looking for a close-fit and you yourself have narrower hips and a small bum, go for your true size of the close-fit option. Here you can always size up if you don’t want your trousers to be too tight on the hips or choose a smaller seam allowance at the side, inners seams and waistband, 3/8’’/1cm instead of the current 5/8’’/1.5cm.
– On the contrary, if your bust and waist measurements hit a size perfectly but then your hips are wider than what appears on the size chart and want a bit more space for your bum, then go for the looser-fit alternative. Here you can also size up if you want to be on the safe side, and if it still feels a bit tight, you can choose a smaller seam allowance at the side, inner seams and waistband, 3/8’’/1cm instead of the current 5/8’’/1.5cm. If the trousers end up being a bit bigger than expected, you can always take in on the side and / or inner seams.
In general, the Cinnamon sewing pattern will be easy to fit if you have taken into account the above and also thanks to the elastic back waistband, no front fly, side invisible zip and relaxed shape.
With lots of detailed instructions and technical drawings, and even more tips on how to get the best fit, the Cinnamon Trousers will become a staple, with a twist, in your handmade wardrobe.
You can also learn how to make the pattern on our YouTube Channel.
For Autumn and Winter: medium weight woven fabrics like velvet, corduroy, tweed, needlecord or babycord, fine wool, denim… You can also choose them with a bit of stretch, no more than 10 or a maximum of 20%.
For Spring and Summer: light to medium weight woven fabrics like cotton, linen, chambray, light denim, viscose, double gauze… You can also choose them with a bit of stretch, no more than 10 or a maximum of 20%.
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES
• Sewing machine (overlocker/serger is optional)
• Interfacing: 50cm
• Lining for front bag pockets: 50cm
(optional, you can use the same fabric)
• 2cm/1’’ width elastic for back waistband: 50cm length to adjust while sewing
• 20cm/8’’ invisible zip
• Invisible zip foot
• The usual sewing tools: chalk or fabric pen, scissors, pins, needle, tape measure…
Perfect for a beginner wanted to start sewing trousers for the first time and a piece of cake for intermediate and confident sewists.
Close-fit option: UK 6 to 18 / US 2 to 14
Loose-fit option: UK 6 to 20 / US 2 to 16
Find inspiration for your Cinnamon here and see how the pattern fits different sizes here.
*This is a PDF pattern. After purchased, you’ll receive an email with a link to download the files of the pattern and instructions. There are two printing options available: A4 (the pattern pieces print in 32 pages, plus the instructions) and a copy shop version of the pattern so that you can skip the assembling part.
**If you have any problem with the pattern or any doubt, please send us an email to [email protected]