PRINTED TAILORED DRESS PATTERN DETAILS
The lovely Maple, a printed tailored dress pattern, is a truly beautiful and feminine design featuring a loose shape and a double breasted collar, flattering midi or short quarter length circle skirt and three types of sleeves. Firstly, long with the option of an elastic hem, 3/4 sleeves with cuffs and also short sleeves with a keyhole and bow. Another personalized detail of Maple is the optional ruffle that runs along the collar, which can also be exchanged for some contrasting piping. Last but not least, Maple comes, of course, with inseam pockets!
To sum up, with lots of detailed instructions, technical drawings and tips to get the best results, the Maple printed tailored dress pattern will become a staple, with a twist, in your handmade wardrobe.
Further, you can also learn how to make the pattern on our YouTube Channel.
NOTE: This version of Maple comes as a printed and digital pattern. Therefore you will receive an envelope with two full scale A0 documents with all the sizes to sew your dress. The booklet with the instructions will be sent as a digital version to the email address provided during the Paypal payment process. This is a change on our printed patterns to assure a better and more competitive price and also to make an effort to protect the environment.
For Autumn and Winter, choose medium weight fabrics like velvet, corduroy, needlecord or babycord, tweed, fine wool, gabardine twill and denim. But if you prefer a version to wear during Spring or Summer, opt for light to medium weight fabrics like cotton, also chambray, linen, twill, light denim, viscose, rayon, double gauze or cotton lawn. Also, if you want to go for a more defined, structured look choose medium weight fabrics; if you prefer a softer finish, opt for lighter materials.
All versions – 115cm / 45’’ width: 3.20m / 3.50 yards
All versions – 150cm / 60’’ width: 2.60m / 2.80 yards
NOTE: If you choose to make the shorter skirt version, subtract around 30cm from the final number. The sleeve options won’t make a big difference in terms
of fabric length.
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES
• Sewing machine & overlocker/serger (optional to finish raw edges)
• Matching thread
• Interfacing: between 80cm and 1m / 31’’ and 39’’
• 4 x 2cm buttons, although you can opt for bigger or smaller ones.
• Piping (optional): between 160cm and 2m / 63’’ and 79’’
• Elastic (optional, for long sleeve): 30cm max. / 12’’
• Bias binding / tape (optional): 2m x 2.5cm width / 79’’ x 0.98’’
• The usual sewing tools: chalk or fabric pen, scissors, pins, needle, tape measure…
Perfect for an advanced beginner who would like to learn new techniques like sewing a tailored or double breasted collar and a piece of cake for intermediate and advanced makers.
We have updated our size range which now goes as follows: UK 6 to 24 / US 2 to 20. Find inspiration for your Maple Dress and see how it fits different sizes.
* This version of Maple comes as a printed tailored dress pattern. Therefore you will receive an envelope with two full scale A0 documents with all the sizes to sew your dress. The booklet with the instructions will be sent as a digital version to the email address provided during the Paypal payment process. This is a change on our printed patterns to assure a better and more competitive price and also to make an effort to protect the environment.
**We ship worldwide and for all the information you can visit the delivery and returns’ page. As well, if you have any questions, please send us an email to [email protected] so that we can give you a quote and more information.